Pen of 5 Sale Terms & Conditions
Entries are due November 25, 2016.
The heifers will be stalled in front of the Exposition Building. The heifers will be displayed in this area during the Classic. The heifers will be video taped on Thursday starting at NOON. The heifers will sell on the video screen on Friday at 4:00 p.m. The heifers will not run into the building or the sale ring.
Commercial, Registered, Open or Bred Heifers featured in this sale.
NO fitting -cattle will be loose in the pen.
The heifers will be judged on Thursday afternoon. A Champion and Reserve Champion Pen will be selected. The sale order will also be set at this time.($500 and $250 cash awards)
- All entries must include the entry fee of $250 per pen. (Entries done on-line, if you need assistance call 308-627-6385)
- Pen size shall be 5 head, selling as a pen not split. No individuals will be sold from the pen. Consignors can have the option to bring a additional heifer for the pen (making 6 head to the pen). The option can be given for buyers to select the 5 head of choice or buy all 6 head.
- All heifers must be checked in by Thursday, Feb. 23rd at 10:00 am. Pens will be available earlier in the week. Pens must be vacated by 6:00 pm on Saturday, Feb. 25. ALL SIDES OF THE PEN WILL REMAIN UP DURING EVENT.
- ALL catalog information must be turned in with the entries. IF YOU ARE SELLING THE HEIFERS AS REGISTERED HEIFERS, YOU MUST BRING THE PAPERS WITH YOU TO THE CLASSIC. THE REGISTRATION PAPERS WILL BE GIVEN TO THE NEW OWNERS.
- The Classic commission is 9% commission per pen. The minimum commission on a pen is $250. The $250 will be credited back to the sale proceeds on each pen.
- The heifers will have a $35 bedding fee. Bred heifers will have a $70 per pen bedding fee. Tie out space will be available through the Livestock Office. Tie out space outside of the pen must be requested at the office. All wood shavings are provided. NO straw is allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- All heifers must be weaned. The maximum age limit shall be 30 months.
- All heifers must be calfhood vaccinated (Bangs) with vaccination dates provided. The pen of heifers must have a health paper. Pregnancy Test mandatory on all entries and length of pregnancy certified on certificate of veterinarian inspection. (Preg check required on all heifers.)
- If a pen of heifers are sold to a state which requires TB testing, then the consignor will be responsible for the test and care of the heifers until the TB testing requirements are met.
- ALL consignors must be members of the Nebraska Cattlemen.
- Each consignor will be responsible for production or performance cards that may accompany penned heifers. All stall card for the replacement heifers will be provided at the Classic. It is the responsibility of the consignor to post the appropriate information on the pens.
- The Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic Sale Terms & Conditions apply to the Pen of 5 Sale.
- All heifer calves purchased in the Classic Replacement Heifer Sale are eligible to be shown in the Classic Junior Show.
- Consignors and exhibitors at the Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic agree to hold harmless, for any and all liability arising out of accidents or injuries sustained at the show and sale, Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic, the Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce, Nebraska Cattlemen and the Buffalo County Agriculture Society.
- The Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic reserves the management the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and to arbitrarily settle or determine all matters, questions or differences in regard hereto or otherwise arising out of or connected with or incident to, the show and sale.