Horse Rules & Regulations
All entries must include the $200 entry fee, entry form, video footage, and the signed consent form. All the horses will be pictured. Make sure and include at least 2 pictures of the entry.
(One saddled, one unsaddled.)
VIDEO ON CD OR DVD or JUMP DRIVE ONLY -TEST YOUR VIDEO PRIOR TO MAILING!
YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL VIDEO CLIPS.
Entries must be received in the NCC office by November 25,2016.
The committee will review the videos, after evaluation you will be contacted on the status of your horse. Entries will be limited to 30 head. All horses will compete in all events at the Classic Horse Competition. The competition is held in an indoor arena at the Buffalo Co. Fairgrounds. Please check-out the NEW SCHEDULE and EVENTS.
Classic Ranch Horse Competition & Sale - Saturday, February 18th and Sunday, February 19th
ALL EVENTS ARE FOR SALE HORSES ONLY and SALE HORSES MUST COMPETE IN ALL EVENTS.
- Horses must be 3-12 years old by January 1, 2017 (Horses born prior to January 2014)
- Horses may be geldings or open mares.
- All Sellers must guarantee the horses are SOUND.
- All entries must include the entry fee of $200, entry form, pictures, video, and singed consent form. The entry fee is non-refundable once the horse is accepted into the sale.
- All entries must include a video to get accepted into the sale. Sellers must show the following on the video:
- Very important to show your horse working cattle and all other ranch horse qualities!
- General confirmation. (The horse should be viewed without a saddle.) - Front view, rear view, side view
- Easy to handle – show the horse being saddled, show the horse walking, at a jog, lope, and reversal. Please show the horse being caught.
- Load and unload from trailer.
- Open and close gate.
- Show the horse working cattle. (Hold a cow at the end of the pen, take the cow down a fence, making one turn each way on the fence.)
- If there are any other characteristics of your entry you want to show to the committee. (Roping or showing the horse with obstacles of your choice.)
The Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic Horse Sale Committee will evaluate the video preview on each horse before the horse is accepted in the sale. If the horse is not cataloged, the catalog fee will be refunded. The Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic asks that only the seller or owner's representative rides the horse in the competition. If sellers choose to allow a perspective buyer to ride the horse, this is at his or her own risk. There will be a TV set-up to show the video footage at the Classic if you choose to use it.
The Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic is looking for ranch horses to feature at the Classic Ranch Horse Sale February 18-19, 2017. The Classic is held at the Buffalo Co. Fairgrounds in Kearney, Nebraska.
Enclosed is a complete packet of all the Ranch Horse events and Sale Requirements. We are looking for 30 Ranch Horses. We want horses that are ready to be used on the ranch!
The entry deadline is November 25th, 2016.
We are very excited to provide night stalls for sale horses in the Stafford Arena and the Green Pole Barn. NEW this year...we will stall the sale horses in the Ag Pavilion Dirt Arena during the day Saturday and Sunday.
The Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic has added some new events for cattlemen at the 2017 event. Enclosed in your packet is the Classic Connection that provides all the details.
If you have questions, please give me a call at anytime at 308-627-6385.
Ronette K. Bush-Heinrich
CLASSIC RANCH HORSE EVENTS
Saturday, February 18, 2016
- 8:30 am
- ALL HORSES in the East Arena
- 8:30 am - 9:30 am
- Ranch Horse Evaluation - A Conformation Award will be presented.
- 10:00 am
- Ranch Horse Versatility - Top Horse in this division will be awarded.
- 2:00 pm
- Open Roping Preview - Consignors Choice
- 5:00 pm
- Ranch Rodeo
Several Awards will be presented on Saturday - Jackets, Buckles, Coolers, and other Awards.
Sunday, February 19, 2017
- 8:30 am
- Cowboy Church
Includes Live Music
- 9:30 am
- Working Cow Horse Competition Supreme Horse Selected - $1,000 cash award
- 2:00 pm
- Ranch Horse Sale
**NEW - there will be night pens for the horses in the Stafford Arena and the Green Pole Barn. New this year - we will stall the horses in the Ag Pavilion East Arena during the day.
All events will include two judges. Several prizes will be presented on Saturday. The Working Cow Horse Competition on Sunday is where the Supreme Classic Horse will be selected with the $1,000 presented at the Sale.
Ranch Horse Evaluation - All horses will be evaluated on physical attributes necessary to perform under the saddle. Ranch conformation includes, but is not limited to, good working condition, soundness, correctness in conformation, particularly feet and legs with emphasis on correct manner of travel. The horse should show balance and uniform muscling.
Ranch Horse Versaltility - This will include a simple riding pattern and 4 obstacles. Consignors will only be allowed so much time to complete the obstacles. Horses will be judged on 3 gaits- walk, trot and lope. The obstacles will only include tasks that a horse may be asked to do on a ranch. This event is designed to show a horse's ability and willingness to perform the tasks.
Open Roping Preview - Open arena time to show your HORSES ability to rope. You can utilize the box or just arena rope.There will be time limits set and structure to provide all exhibitors the opportunity to participate at their level.
Ranch Rodeo - This will be teams of 3. The consignors will draw teams on Saturday morning. The Ranch Rodeo will feature Penning, Doctoring and Trailer Loading.
Team Sort 3 mins. - Each team member will go in and sort out one steer, other team members will wait behind panels (each team member has one minute) to get steer out of herd and through the panels.
Doctoring 1.5 minute - One steer is roped and must have a legal head catch and leg catch. Tail them down and mark on side of neck.
Trailer Loading 2 mins. - One steer is roped and must have a legal head catch and must be loaded into the trailer. All ropes must be removed from the steer and the trailer door must be shut and latched to consider a qualified run. No horses will be allowed in the trailer.
Several prizes will be awarded in Classic Ranch Rodeo. This event is to be fun and entertaining.
Horse Sale Terms & Conditions
- All guarantees are strictly between the buyer and the seller. All the sellers must guarantee the horse is SOUND. Right of Recourse must be directly to the owner of the horse.
- All the consignments must be in the EAST ARENA on Saturday, February 18 at 8:30 am.
- All horses must be 3 to 12 years old by January 1, 2017. Horses must be born prior to January 1, 2014.
- NO SUBSTITUTES will be allowed.
- The following will be required at the time of check-in at 8:30 am on Saturday, Feb. 18th
- General Health Check by Classic Veterinarian – current health certificate (30 day) must be provided at check-in.
- Negative Coggins Test – Provide verification of the horse current vaccination.
- Original Registration Papers if the horse is registered. A signed Transfer must also be with the papers.
- HYPP( Hyperkalemic Periodic Paralysis) test results must be disclosed on all horses descended from the stallion IMPRESSIVE if consignor has knowledge of such test.
- Only horses consigned to the sale will be allowed on the sale grounds. Sale horses must go through the sale ring.
- All consignors are responsible to read the cataloged information on their horse. If any information is incorrect, the consignor is responsible to announce any necessary corrections at sale time.
- Any defects, bad habits or blemishes must be announced when the horse is sold.
- All cataloged horses must enter the sale ring to be sold. All horses will be sold at halter.
- Sale commission is 9%.
- Terms of every sale are cash settlement to be made to the sale clerk at the time of the sale. There will be a $50.00 fee on all returned checks. The Classic reserves the right to make credit inquires on credit references. ABSENTEE BIDDING MUST BE APPROVED WITH CLASSIC MANAGEMENT PRIOR TO SALE.
- All horses entering the ring will be sold to the highest bidder, the auctioneer will take precedence, and decisions shall be final.
- In the event a dispute should arise as to a particular defect which should have been, but was not announced as described above, the buyer has the right to have a veterinarian examine the horse he has purchased to determine if the horse suffers from the defect. This examination is to be made and the Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic is to be notified within 48 hours from the end of the sale in which the horse was sold. If the purchaser's veterinarian determines the horse to have the alleged defect, the Classic as the agent shall appoint a veterinarian of its choice to determine if the horse had the defect and if the defect was present at the sale and it was not announced, the sale of said horse shall be null and void and the consignor must pay the commission on the sale, and the cost of any veterinary examination and veterinary work performed on the horse as result of the defect. If the horse is determined by the Classic veterinarian not to have the alleged defect, the sale of the horse is valid and enforceable and the purchaser assumes all costs of the examination and treatment.
- If the buyer rightfully rejects the animal in the manner stated above within the time provided, the horse will be returned by the buyer to the consignor and the consignor will refund to the buyer the full purchase price of the animal together with all reasonable expenses incurred by the buyer in the connection with the animal from the time of sale until the horse returns to the consignor.
- The Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic, the Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce, Nebraska Cattlemen and the Buffalo County Agriculture Society or anyone helping in the sale assumes no responsibility for accident or injury.
- The Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic reserves to management the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and to arbitrarily settle or determine all matters, questions or differences in regard hereto, or otherwise arising out of or connected with, or incident to the sale.
- Buyers and spectators are cautioned to be careful while on the grounds particularly while horses are being shown or sold in the sale ring. All persons attending the sale do so at their own risk. Neither the owners nor any other person connected with this sale assume any liability legal or other wise, for accidents to persons or property, before or after the sale.