Commercial Heifer Pen Sale
PEN CAN BE 3 TO 6 HEAD
Entry Fee Deadline:
November 25, 2020
November 25, 2020
CLASSIC PEN OF 5 HEIFER SALE
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18 – Follows Bull Sales
Commercial, Registered, Open or Bred Heifers featured in this sale.
NO fitting - cattle will be loose in the pen.
- The heifers will be stalled in pens in front of the Exposition Building.
- The heifers will be videotaped on Tuesday, February 16 starting at NOON.
- The heifers will sell on the video screen on Thursday, February 18
- The heifers will be judged Wednesday, February 17. A Champion and Reserve Champion Pen will be selected. The sale order will also be set at this time. ($500 Champion Pen and $250 Reserve Pen cash awards)
- All entries must include the entry fee of $250 per pen. Entry Fees are retained. (Entries done on-line. If you need assistance, call 308-627-6385)
- Pen size shall be 3-6 head, selling as a pen. No individuals will be sold from the pen.
- All heifers must be checked in by Tuesday, February 16 at 10:00 am. Pens will be available on Monday. Pens must be vacated by 6:00 pm on Saturday, February 20. ALL SIDES OF THE PEN WILL REMAIN UP DURING EVENT.
- ALL catalog information must be turned in with the entries. IF YOU ARE SELLING THE HEIFERS AS REGISTERED HEIFERS, YOU MUST BRING THE PAPERS WITH YOU TO THE CLASSIC. THE REGISTRATION PAPERS WILL BE GIVEN TO THE NEW OWNERS.
- The Pen will have a $80/Pen bedding fee. Bred heifers will have a $100 per pen bedding fee. Tie out space will be available through the Livestock Office. Tie out space outside of the pen must be requested at the office. All wood shavings are provided. NO straw is allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- All heifers must be weaned. The maximum age limit shall be 30 months.
- All heifers must be calfhood vaccinated (Bangs) with vaccination dates provided. The pen of heifers must have a health paper. Pregnancy Test mandatory on all entries and length of pregnancy certified on certificate of veterinarian inspection. (Preg check required on all heifers.)
- If a pen of heifers is sold to a state which requires TB testing, then the consignor will be responsible for the test and care of the heifers until the TB testing requirements are met.
- Each consignor will be responsible for production or performance cards that may accompany penned heifers. All stall cards for the replacement heifers will be provided at the Classic. It is the responsibility of the consignor to post the appropriate information on the pens.
- The Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic Sale Terms & Conditions apply to the Commercial Heifer Pen Sale.
- All heifer calves purchased in the Classic Replacement Heifer Sale are eligible to be shown in the Classic Junior Show and Scholarship Program.
- Consignors and exhibitors at the Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic agree to hold harmless, for any and all liability arising out of accidents or injuries sustained at the show and sale, Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic, the Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce, Nebraska Cattlemen and the Buffalo County Agriculture Society.
- The Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic reserves the management final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and to arbitrarily settle or determine all matters, questions or differences in regard hereto or otherwise arising out of or connected with or incident to, the show and sale.