Pen of 5 Sale Terms & Conditions
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23RD – 4 PM
Commercial, Registered, Open or Bred Heifers featured in this sale.
NO fitting -cattle will be loose in the pen.
Entries are due November 25, 2017.
The heifers will be stalled in pens in front of the Exposition Building.
The heifers will be videotaped on Thursday, February 22 starting at NOON.
The heifers will sell on the video screen on Friday at 4:00 p.m.
The heifers will be judged on Thursday afternoon. A Champion and Reserve Champion Pen will be selected. The sale order will also be set at this time. ($500 Champion Pen and $250 Reserve Pen cash awards)
1. All entries must include the entry fee of $250 per pen.
(Entries done on-line, if you need assistance call 308-627-6385)
Sale Commission on the Pen of 5 Sale is 5.5%
NEW This year - Entry Fees will be retained. Entry Fees provide you with an advertising benefit. Consignor’s option will include listings on the Classic website with a link to the consignor’s website. Consignors will have two personal marketing posts on the Classic Social media sites. This does not include promotion of your Classic Sale features. This advertising option is for your own sale. Consignors will be listed on email blasts to cattlemen all across the Midwest.
2. Pen size shall be 5 head, selling as a pen not split. No individuals will be sold from the pen. Consignors can have the option to bring an additional heifer for the pen (making 6 head to the pen). The option can be given for buyers to select the 5 head of choice or buy all 6 head.
3. All heifers must be checked in by Thursday, Feb. 22nd at 10:00 am. Pens will be available earlier in the week. Pens must be vacated by 6:00 pm on Saturday, Feb. 24. ALL SIDES OF THE PEN WILL REMAIN UP DURING EVENT.
4. ALL catalog information must be turned in with the entries. IF YOU ARE SELLING THE HEIFERS AS REGISTERED HEIFERS, YOU MUST BRING THE PAPERS WITH YOU TO THE CLASSIC. THE REGISTRATION PAPERS WILL BE GIVEN TO THE NEW OWNERS.
5. The Pen will have a $70 bedding fee. Bred heifers will have a $100 per pen bedding fee. Tie out space will be available through the Livestock Office. Tie out space outside of the pen must be requested at the office. All wood shavings are provided. NO straw is allowed on the Fairgrounds.
7. All heifers must be weaned. The maximum age limit shall be 30 months.
8. All heifers must be calfhood vaccinated (Bangs) with vaccination dates provided. The pen of heifers must have a health paper. Pregnancy Test mandatory on all entries and length of pregnancy certified on certificate of veterinarian inspection. (Preg check required on all heifers.)
9. If a pen of heifers are sold to a state which requires TB testing, then the consignor will be responsible for the test and care of the heifers until the TB testing requirements are met.
10. ALL consignors must be members of the Nebraska Cattlemen.
11. Each consignor will be responsible for production or performance cards that may accompany penned heifers. All stall cards for the replacement heifers will be provided at the Classic. It is the responsibility of the consignor to post the appropriate information on the pens.
12. The Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic Sale Terms & Conditions apply to the Pen of 5 Sale.
13. All heifer calves purchased in the Classic Replacement Heifer Sale are eligible to be shown in the Classic Junior Show.
14.Consignors and exhibitors at the Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic agree to hold harmless, for any and all liability arising out of accidents or injuries sustained at the show and sale, Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic, the Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce, Nebraska Cattlemen and the Buffalo County Agriculture Society.
15. The Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic reserves the management the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and to arbitrarily settle or determine all matters, questions or differences in regard hereto or otherwise arising out of or connected with or incident to, the show and sale.