PROSPECT STEER SALE RULES & INFO
CLASSIC PROSPECT STEER SALE
Saturday, February 23, 2019
Parade of Steers – Noon
Sale will follow Steer Scholarship Presentation at 12:30 pm
- All Steers must be checked in by Friday, February 22 at 8 am- All steers will be weighed at 8 am. Steers must have a general health paper. If the steer is represented as registered steer, THE PAPER MUST BE PRESENTED TO THE SALE OFFICE.
- The Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic is not responsible for injury or accidents. All animals become property of the buyer at the conclusion of the auction. Sellers cannot be held responsible for the health or condition of the animals after the conclusion of the auction.
- Nebraska youth can work directly with their local Extension Staff to get the steer’s ID for 4H and FFA programs.
- All steers are eligible for the Classic Junior Show. (Out of state exhibitors purchasing a steer in this sale may show the steer in the Classic Junior Show).
- Entry Deadline is November 25, 2018. Entries are made on-line at www.necattlemen.com
- The $150 entry fee must be paid before an entry will be accepted.
Commission on the Steer Sale is 6%.
NEW this year – Entry Fees will be retained. Entry Fees provide you with an advertising benefit. Consignor’s option will include listings on the Classic website with a link to the consignor’s website. Consignors will have two personal marketing posts on the Classic Social media sites. This does not include promotion of your Classic Sale features. This advertising option is for your own sale. Consignors will be listed on email blasts to cattlemen all across the Midwest.
- After your entry is complete online, you must send in your signed consignor consent form, along with a copy of registration papers (if the steer is selling as registered) and entry fees. (Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic, PO Box 607, Kearney, NE 68848)
- Please submit all photos electronically. Photos can be emailed to NCCPhotos2019@gmail.com
Photos need to be in a jpeg format. For questions on photos call Ronette at 308-627-6385
PROSPECT STEER SALE CASH AWARDS
All steers are eligible to compete in the Classic Junior Show on Sunday, February 24.
There will be a special class for the Classic Steers only in the Junior Show. A Champion and Reserve Champion will be selected. (The buyer of the Champion will receive $300 cash award and the seller will receive a $300 cash award. The buyer of the Reserve Champion will receive $150 cash award and the seller will receive a $150 cash award.)
Juniors purchasing steers in the Classic Steer Sale have the opportunity to participate in the Classic Steer Scholarship Program All youth competing in this program will receive jackets and prizes. The Scholarship program offers feedlot tour opportunities in the summer for the entire family and much more. You will complete a record book and participate in an interview at the completion of the project.