PROSPECT STEER SALE RULES & INFO
Entry Fee Deadline:
November 25, 2020
November 25, 2020
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Parade of Steers – Noon
Sale will follow Steer Scholarship Presentation at 12:30 pm
- Sale will follow Steer Scholarship Presentation at 12:30 pm
- All Steers must be checked in Friday, February 19 at 8 am. All steers will be weighed. Steers must have a general health paper. If the steer is represented as registered steer, THE PAPER MUST BE PRESENTED TO THE SALE OFFICE.
- The Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic is not responsible for injury or accidents. All animals become property of the buyer at the conclusion of the auction. Sellers cannot be held responsible for the health or condition of the animals after the conclusion of the auction.
- Nebraska youth can work directly with their local Extension Staff to get the steer’s ID for 4H and FFA programs.
- All steers are eligible for the Classic Junior Show. (Out of state exhibitors purchasing a steer in this sale may show the steer in the Classic Junior Show).
- All steers should be broke to show
- Entry Deadline is November 25, 2020. Entries are made on-line at www.necattlemen.com
- The $150 entry fee must be paid before an entry will be accepted.
- After your entry is complete online, you must send in your signed consignor consent form, along with a copy of registration papers (if the steer is selling as registered) and entry fees. (Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic, PO Box 607, Kearney, NE 68848)
- Please submit all photos electronically. Photos can be emailed to email@example.com Photos need to be in a jpeg format. For questions on photos call Ronette at 308-627-6385.
PROSPECT STEER SALE CASH AWARDS
- All steers are eligible to compete in the Classic Steer Classic Show – Saturday, Feb. 20 – 6 pm
- A Champion and Reserve Champion will be selected at this time.
(The buyer of the Champion will receive $300 cash award and the seller will receive $300 cash award.
The buyer of the Reserve Champion will receive $150 cash award and the seller will receive a $150 cash award)
- All youth participating in the Classic Steer Show will receive prizes.
- The steers are also eligible to compete in the Classic Junior Show on Sunday.